For 2017, the Fund Donations will be collected for the Aquarium Science program at Williamsport Area High School in Williamsport PA. Your donations are appreciated and are fully tax deductible since the ACLC is a 501c3 non-profit corporation.
At the board meeting on January 16th 2016, the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County Board of Directors announced a new program, the ACLC Aquatic Life Education Fund. This program has been instituted to assist schools in our area with funding for the continued development of curriculums related to the study of aquatic life. The importance of continued education of young people in this field could not be overstated and we felt that there is no better way to show our support than to develop a means for our club to assist financially.
The program will work as follows:
- Five percent (5%) of the ACLC’s auction proceeds annually between September 1st and August 31st will be earmarked for this fund
- The ACLC will also collect any donations offered by members and guests at all meetings and events held during the year and put 100% of those donations into the fund
- The ACLC will accept nominations from ACLC Members in good standing, for schools to be considered recipients beginning in September of each year and the decision will be made by a vote of the ACLC membership at the March General meeting.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a letter from that school’s representative with a description of the program the funds will be used for.
- Schools must be pre-college education facilities from neighboring counties in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey.
- No fees or other costs will be deducted from the funds collected. 100% will go to the school selected by the ACLC. A check will be awarded to that school as soon as possible after August 31st each year.
We look forward to this being and long term annual program to help educate our areas’ young people in all aspects of our hobby and to promote the conservation efforts necessary for the continues existence of aquatic life.